1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Rates - How Safe is RuneMate?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by opticness, Jan 7, 2015.

1. fullspektrum

I've been botting the same account for over a year now. Only do a few hours at a time and quest in between. Make sure to switch up skills.

2. Drunkpimp

Just got banned yesterday on an account I botted only 4 hrs a day, with breaks. I would even bot on random days and let it rest other days. R.I.P, after this I'm going to stop botting as making a main isn't a matter of it it gets banned, but when )=

3. bzpremo

Drunk what bots were you using? Was it an account with a decent total level and quest progress? Which one did you use most and was there anything that you suspect you did that caused detection?

4. Boosted

Two of my main accounts that I only bot 4-6 hours on were both banned yesterday too. I did some manual skilling on them too. I just made 2 new ones through the mobile RS site. I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

5. RSWilliam

Which bots did you use?

I had 2 accounts banned, Using the same 2 scripts bots on both of them within 2 days of making the account. First bans I had with runemate. I think I know which script bot caused the ban.

6. unexist

unexist Does not exist.

theyr upping up there game with the twitch prime action since everyone has alot of codes theres an insane amout bots in the game

7. Boosted

I was using Mmaaikels Smelter and Gold Bracelet Crafter on the other.. I've used both on other accounts with no issues. I think I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.. I also had paid membership on both accounts, they were both around 45 days old.

8. iVenom

I think its all about getting reported..

If a player reports you.. Jagex staff spectate your account while it is online, to determine if its a bot account. Real confirmation comes when they are able to control your account through theirs making your account walk in a weird direction. If you go back to the same bot spot immediately you're probably a bot. Just my personal theory...

Runemate you cannot detect based on the client, because it uses the original client... and the bot is pretty human-like, I doubt that Jagex have such advanced algorithms that determine bots from humans.. I think automated systems flag certain repetitive tasks and player reports flag on the account but I think it ultimately comes down to the staff monitoring your account before they issue a ban, but you do not know they are watching your account.

I personally don't bot unless I am around my screen. I watched somebody say "reported" the other day to my account. I immediately paused the bot continuing on with the task, but I asked what the guys problem was (since he just comes up to me randomly and says "reported"). Needless to say, he didn't respond and probably was botting himself (that's what it looked like tbh)

9. Blunt God

haha im so edgy and cool with racist remarks

#109 Blunt God, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  10. Flextroci

everything is definitely not ok at home

#110 Flextroci, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  11. Binger9989

Not gona lie, i do that sometimes to try to get someone's spot. some bots change worlds when certain keywords are spoken lmao
    never ACTUALLY report em tho, I aint a hypocrite and its Us against them!

Wasnt me, but bear in mind that by default if you report someone the "add to ignore list" option by default is on, so he probably never saw you reply

12. MikeyBoy222

Was it a permanent ban? I was woodcutting on my account and it is now disabled. What should I do?

13. kBOT123

I’ve just recently picked up RS3 again, creating my account early April, and just recently started botting with RuneMate (mid-May). When I first created the account, I played legit, and got a ton of quest points right out of the gate, but really got on the bot grind towards the end of May.

According to Runemate’s log, I’ve used 91 hours of botting since May 26th. On the weekends, I can sit there and babysit it while I play other games, so I’ll put in 8 hours a day on the weekends. During the week however, I have work. I still control my computer via Chome Remote Desktop, but I try to limit my botting sessions to 3-4 hours in the morning and 3-4 at night because for someone who works full time (not that Jagex has anyway of knowing that), it makes sense that I can’t put in 8 hour botting sessions a day.

I’ve found that low populated servers are always the best option. Less players means less chance of someone bumping into you while you’re botting. I think one of the best mindsets to have, is would you physically sit down and play 10 hours a day, every day, for a week straight. There’s people who do that willingly, but for the average gamer, you’re probably not gonna do that. So why should you run a bot that long?

14. Arucrazi

I got banned for attempting to run a bot, the bot never ran as I couldn't get it working. I logged out, some time later I logged back in and I had been Perma banned. The bot didn't even work! It didn't even move my character. My guess is yes, they can detect it because no one on here has an answer how Jagex knew I attempted to run a bot. The only way they would know (considering the bot didn't even run) is that they knew I had it installed. I have a post in discussions about it, but the only answer I had is "your either a troll or stupid). If I were these guys I would want to understand what got me banned.

15. Bean.

I am sorry, but this is not possible... Maybe you used a bot previously on RM, or on another platform.

Most bans are done in batches.

16. Arucrazi

I have never tried botting before or after that initial attempt, its okay saying it's not possible, but it happened to me so..? It makes no sense. I mean, it makes no difference because I'm not going to try again. But what I described is exactly what happened.

17. bamf16

I've botted quite a bit. usually in 5hour segments and sometimes twice a day (so 10hours). Some scripts bots ive run 10 hours a day for days straight and no ban. Others just one 5hour run and i got banned. I'm not a programmer or a script bot writer but 2 things i have noticed are that certain skills are way more likely to get you reported and or banned. Woodcutting and mining are the big two for more. If your "stealing" a resource from live players you are way more likely to get banned. Something like smelting doesnt steal anything from other players and a live player and bot are going to look similar. Also i believe some scripts bots are just written better and have better anti-ban. Most i have used do exactly what they say but some have went above and beyond to add in live player like movements and features. Live testing a bot and see how it runs, picking the right skills , and all around just not abusing them should keep you pretty safe. Never bot a main in my opinion though.

18. MeowWolf

Watch the bot logs to see if it continually uses the exact same coordinates for clicking/moving/actions etc. No player hits the same coordinate every time, for hundreds of iterations, it just doesn't happen that way.
    You also misclick when you shift drop, a well-written bot will do its best to mimic these small inconsistencies at the expense of a few xp/hr.
    The bot that I used the most was the NMZ bot, 50+ hours ran and nothing came of it. I tried using a few of the agi bots but realized that they were all clicking the exact same coords, so I stopped using them immediately.

19. shadowedkills

I literally saw a mod yesterday at Draynor while I ran my fishing bot and thought nothing of it, just tried to act casual. I did also use a free OSBot during this time, not Runemate. That account was banned today sometime, having never botted before that day. It had quests done, lots of trained stats, and even CW mage set. I wonder if it was the bot I was using or the mod noticing me. He didnt talk to me directly as I was monitoring my bot as I always do.

(I bot 2-8h a day/account.) Taking random breaks, especially when the bot seems broken or stuck in a weird loop.

Example:

Like if the bot is standing there doing nothing and it should be cutting logs, just log out. My break times are random and so is the time for the break. I might take a 15 minute break after 2 hours and i might take a break after 3 more hours botting. I try to be as random as I can sometimes starting a bot and stopping it even minutes later to just log out. (not always intentional, sometimes i didnt set it up right or whatever.)

20. t bone72

Anyone have experience botting an account that is 4 years old with quest cape?