1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Rates - How Safe is RuneMate?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by opticness, Jan 7, 2015.

1. forbobo

old thread but for conversations sake, the chain ban on accounts that don't bot is a myth - you had to have been doing something against the rules to get banned. Never ever experienced a ban on a legit account. Chain bans for other bots on same ip is probably legit tho - bots on same ip tend to get banned around the same time, so it makes sense to assume this. Although at the end of the day knowing all of this doesn't really do much anyway cause it's common knowledge to just use a vpn

2. Firefoxes

I've got chainbanned back in the days, before i started to use runemate.

3. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

not on accounts that weren't botting you didn't. Feel free to post some proof, cause it's really not a thing. at least not on osrs anyways, i don't do much rs3 botting so their systems may be a tad different.

forbobo likes this.
  4. Firefoxes

If i had proofs i'd not ask. Currently i'm changing IP if i have ban, just in case, now i'm not sure if jagex flag ips or not. It was more than a year ago, before i started to use rm so it doesn't matter actually.

5. swedens

I've also gotten chainbanned before. I think it was 2013 when I farmed flax lmao. Around 20 accounts including rs3 main got banned for goldfarming even though I had never farmed on my main.

6. sean c.

I was banned within first 2 days of botting. level 20 - 60 wc and never botted for long peroids of time. switched it up from skills to range/att/str training. spent a lot of time doing dungeons and playing ligit. took carful measures to assure I wasn't banned, nothing is safe. its all about luck. funny how they bann a lvl 51 who has been botting for less then 2 days. and others get to bot for years.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2018 ---
    I was banned in first two days

7. Firefoxes

It 90% depends on script bot you're using and 10% on luck. I've developed bots that will get banned during 2hrs of use and i have ones that can last months or even years.

8. Swych

9. unexist

unexist Does not exist.

Swych likes this.
  10. 4play

touch wood it doesnt break my bad luck but over dxp i didnt turn off my bot mining just iron ore on rs3 and on osrs ive botted agility, firemaking to 99 twice and also mining :)

11. sean c.

I get banned all the time . being safe is becoming less and less usful. its al about luck I guss.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 6, 2018 ---
    turley just luck

12. Steve11

Made a test account to bot, tested the woodcutting bot. Banned within 24 hours kek.

Edit: OSRS

13. idntwnagrind

4 fully botted accounts banned - used pvm bots and skillers (blastfurnace). were made as money makers but seemed to get banned faster each time
    1 temp ban on my main for two days just on the 14th, sucks coz i can't risk botting at all anymore

14. stratosfear

So this bot is not safe?

15. idntwnagrind

tbh depends what you bot, i used prime nmz for maybe 8 hours a day straight for like 6 months on 3 separate accounts and no bans. but using things like motherload mine, woodcutting, mining, blastfurnace bots (money makers) will get you banned quickly.
    also it seems you can't just bot fewer hours because i have done 8 hours straight and 2 hours a day over 4 days and both seemed to get banned at the same speed
    so seems some, probably because of so many people botting, get picked up based on their pattern.

also have to take into account rl players reporting you so hopping often helps and talking too
    but that kinda defeats the purpose

if it's your main i definitely wouldn't risk it on a simple wood cutting bot or something like that but if it is a starter that you wouldn't mind losing then go ahead
    =)

Edit* one thing i can say for sure is that doing quests seems to help. my main had 80 quest points before i started to bot hardcore (qp for nmz and fun/nostalgia). but it didnt seemed to get banned at all
    only recently got banned coz i was pushing stun/alch on divine magics

16. Feelzer

Did you bot as soon as you made the account? Jagex has said they ban majority of bots within first 72 hours of accounts being made. Make a new account and let it sit for a week, then bot, and you should be fine, although gold farming bots are targeted more. I've botted 1-99 wc on 3 accounts mostly powercutting teaks/willows 12 hours a day and none were banned

Almost all of the accounts I've had banned were brand new accounts that I started botting on right off tut island

17. unexist

unexist Does not exist.

its also worth it to do some basic simple quests on it and train a bit of combat

18. Drunkpimp

I'm honestly not sure how much of "client detection" or using native OSRS client plays into bans. I've heard people on varying forums saying that mirror mode, or shit like that is complete marketing BS, and I've heard people that swear by it. I am no developer, coder, nor know fuck all about java so I'm somewhere in the middle on that. I think it mainly comes down to what skills you bot, whether these are high profit, and mainly, the script bot quality, script bot user count, and overall botting style/behavior you have.

I've found runemate to have some top notch scripts bots, and my favorite thing about them is that they seem to have a lower to medium user count, compared to other competitors sites. And although I have my gripes with the hourly payment system, I think this is one of the, if not, best ways to ensure top quality of s c r i p t as well as frequency of updates. I've really liked the mouse movement of a lot of scripts bots on here as well- it's fluid, isn't extremely fast or unnatural. I also agree that the longevity of the account and the variety of said account, like quest points, legitly playing different skills, is important.

People will say luck, I'd assume that plays a certain factor, but there will be no "luck" in cutting yews on 8 accounts for 24/7, for a whole week. So there's absolutely ways to bot/play smarter and lower your ban rate... I'd bet anyone 100M right now that botting 4 hrs a day on NMZ would be much less risky than again, yews for days on end nearly 24/7.

I wonder if Jagex has, or wants to spend, enough money to actually have their automated system review ALL accounts currently online. I'm sure player reports will give you priority to have your account inspected, and I think a lot of "luck" may come into people being randomly selected to be monitored. Maybe sort of similar to an airport security screening where some people are randomly selected to be searched.... I also think the system will scrutinize or move people higher to the top if they are playing for extreme amounts of time, making massive amounts of gold, or getting insane xp gains over days or weeks time. This may not result in a guaranteed ban as maybe someone with a very good private script bot can potentially avoid that automated system doing anything to them, even with raising flags, as jagex assumes the behavior is human like, or doesn't detect any script bot patterns.

Also, I personally believe JMods will roam the worlds and look for bots or botting behavior. They did it in their bot busting ban- they can teleport seamlessly all over the world. Of course in the bot busting stream, they knew the accounts were bots, but I feel like all they have to do is hop into rock crabs, look at your screen, and can fuck you within minutes.

In the end, who knows, right? It's all speculation. If THERE IS any CONCRETE information on how Jagex bans, it would be extremely valuable, top secret info. I'd view it like asking Apple for their engineering schematics for their iPhone.... who the fuck would share it to the public? Would get patched quickly, and become useless. And since RSGP has real monetary value, we're looking at an undetectable bot, or even a bot that was less detectable still yielding bans, as highly valuable. Or the info/intelligence that could be out there could create an invulnerable bot like that.

So anyways, play legit, age the account, slowly increase the daily play time, max up to 4 hrs per day, do quests, SWITCH SKILLS, and training activities daily, talk to people, don't use shitty scripts bots, use breaks. This is what I do for my main. All though it's not like back in the day where I could run a Nexus bot and get teh fat 99's and bot cautiously by only playing "16 hours a day" (lmao), it gives me the opportunity to have a little bit more legit playing time and a better sense of accomplishment, as it takes more effort to bot the stats up, and gives me more time to see the skills slowly increase.

If you are trying to bot to make gold to sell or fund a main, Good luck, Have Fun. Prepare with lube because you'll need it- you'll want to start with at least 4-5 accounts with bonds and the necessary funds- you will get kicked down and banned time after time, so your goal is to continually profit even after bans, so you can buy more and more bonds until you have an army where you are profiting enough to keep gold, and have bonds as well.

P.S: ignore runemate turning the word s c r i p t into bot. I'm never changing my terminology, a s c r i p t is a s c r i p t, runemate is bot, and the woodcutter is the s c r i p t. xD

yesstress likes this.
  19. wister

botted until now 3 99s with no issues, but i do things in between and i also never leave it more than 12hrs straight so it all comes to how many hours besides botting you invest in the account

20. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Willing to fight me over that? RuneMate is not the bot, RuneMate is the client, it's just a middleman between the bot and the game providing an API to allow easy interaction, it's not doing anything on its own and therefore "bot" is not an applicable term :^)
    Technically "bot" is also not a good term to describe what you call "script bot", in my opinion it should be called an "agent" instead.
    [​IMG]