1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ban Rates - How Safe is RuneMate?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by opticness, Jan 7, 2015.

1. mew

mew

No, bots can be detected if they use a third party client like Runemate, just wait for Spectre

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. mitchelldiepbrink

Which is not true for OSRS.

People still don't seem to understand the concept here.
    The "magic 1337 Jagex anti-bot" system will only be used to monitor you after being reported by another player for botting/macroing. After that happens and they take a look and you're still botting, you're banned. It's as easy as that. Period.

You can try it out yourself, f2p players have a higher chance of getting the banhammer because there are less f2p worlds and thus more players on 1 world resulting in increased chances to get reported.

3. mew

mew

It's true for RS3.
    I botted on OSRS for literally under 3 hours monitoring it, I got banned on an account I had since 2005.
    I was botting Al Kharid, talking to the other people there. Got banned.
    So no, I doing think you're right.

4. mitchelldiepbrink

I've been botting for weeks now on OSRS, 10-12 hours a day. No bans yet, nothing.
    My brother was reported once while botting strength and got banned within hours.

What I just said is just my experience on the whole banning procedure, it's alright to disagree.

5. LucasSousa

I said about possibilities of a bad conduct leading to bans looking for my personal experience on botting.

6. Insomniac

Talking while botting doesn't do jackshit. And botting at Al-Kharid (one of the starting areas) isn't the smartest thing to do.

7. mew

mew

From botting over 9 years I think I may know a thing or two about how it works.
    I would also pause my bot to do bank runs etc.

8. Insomniac

What were you botting?

9. mew

mew

During what?
    When I was banned?

10. Insomniac

Botting at Al-Kharid... which bot were you using?

11. Ryza

Absolute bollocks, i was botting in a discreet place and not one single person saw me and i botted 5 99's at the place and then as soon as everyone starts getting banned i get banned it's not a coincidence just accept that jagex aren't that stupid and it's inevitable that they catch up with every client.

mew likes this.
  12. mew

mew

Thank you!

Ryza likes this.
  13. mitchelldiepbrink

"and it's inevitable that they catch up with every client." you've never programmed systems as these("bots") is my only conclusion if you say stuff like that. Absolutely _every_ detection method can be patched. It's just a matter of finding them, no matter the stupidness of the game developers.

One report is enough to trigger the system. Believe what you want, I'm just telling you my beliefs.

14. mew

mew

I used to be a script bot writer for RsBot (Powerbot) and I never published my scripts bots, yet still got banned even with custom anti-ban in placr

Ryza likes this.
  15. Ryza

No problem mate i'm fed up with people defending runemate like it's absolute and flawless, yes the community is lucky we have such gifted people including bot authors who work on this client but at the end of the day we have to accept the client is now useless and we have to move on and hope the great dev team can create something just as special as their first client even if it takes them a year.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2016 ---
    You talk nonsense my friend go look at every other bot out there no matter how good it was jagex caught on to it and it became "detected" and useless powerbot still haven't got over it and can't create a decent botting client but i believe runemate has extremely gifted developers and they will overcome this hurdle but you are correct i've never programmed anything but all i have to do is look at the history of botting.

mew likes this.
  16. mew

mew

The only "undetectable" bot I ever used was RiD, which emulated mouse movements instead of using a third party client, kind of like the old color bots in like 2006

17. Ryza

I don't have any experience of RID are they still undetected when i looked at their website albeit just a quick glance it looked like a lot of bots were outdated or had been forgotten about but it's a fully paid bot though?.

18. Insomniac

People have been banned using Genesis beta. Long story short; bans are inevitable no matter what you do.

Btw, nexus bot and rsbuddy remains as the best ever.

19. mitchelldiepbrink

I'm not talking about the scripts bots, I'm talking about RuneMate itself.

You should really re-read what I said. I never said RuneMate is perfect nor trying to defend it. All I'm saying is that I see a pattern in who's getting banned and how/where. I never said it was flawless.

20. Ryza

And i'm telling you i was discreet in where i was infact i only ever seen 4 people in total over the course of 9 months training there and those were all last year, so your patterns are flawed.