1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Slayer [Dev Thread]

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RyanTest, Apr 8, 2017.

1. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

I have the setting arrays for the assignment-tasks left from back in the day, is it not the same varp in osrs? I assumed it'd be at a new location maybe but the same shift, haven't checked yet. Am i confusing varps with something else?

I assumed it was available from OSBuddy's implementation, was that wrong? Honestly been pulling from new task interface when you retrieve and gem on startup, haven't looked yet. Haven't been just grabbing it.

So if it isn't a varp, I honestly don't know off the top of my head how to pull it from nothing. Will have to think about it, look into it. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just sayin, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, I'm cool with it lol. Teach me, I've been here for 4 days lol.

small update converted gui:
    [​IMG]

#41 RyanTest, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Party

Party Client Developer

As far as I am aware there is no Varp at present for Slayer tasks on OSRS, although there may be a Varc which we don't currently have hooked.
    OSBuddy's implementation works by reading your task from the gem/chat and deducting a kill on Slayer exp drop - I recommend you do the same. It's how a legitimate player would work anyway.

Similarly, their cannon implementation counts the projectiles fired by the cannon to estimate the number you have remaining.

RyanTest likes this.
  3. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Interesting, well I feel dumb. Not a roadblock in any way though, doesn't effect how I've done anything so far. Been tracking through those methods now and it's playing just how I play legitimately.

Thanks for the heads up, I woulda run into this problem and probably posted a question about it later today. So thanks mate

EDIT: Also yal seem to have more hooked then most did back then, I saw hint arrow icons and overheads and projectiles in the api. Some dope things we didn't use to have.

4. Yuuki Asuna

Do rs3 <3

5. Zyzz

You guys have much more active bot developers, let us have some for ourselves too :p

On another note I can be helpful with testing too, or giving feedback. I'm currently 69 slay, using Chaeldar. But some of their tasks overlap.

Qosmiof2 and Jaakkol like this.
  6. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Lemme get OSRS out and we'll see haha. I am interested in seeing what's happened to rs3.

Is chaeldar worth implementing? I was only gunna do turael-vannaka-nievel, should i add chaeldar to the list? Legitimately asking idk if it's worth it or not.

7. Snufalufugus

You don't really need it, but the fairy master is an excellent in between because you can't use nieve until like 85? Combat. At that combat lvl you're around flat 75s melee usually and vannaka can assign silly things for someone of that combat level. You'll definitely get a lot of requests for it.

8. Zyzz

I think so. Most zerkers and voiders use Chaeldar, since they're in that bracket mostly :D

Tell me if you need some help. I do like 4 Chaeldar tasks a day.

9. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are you supporting custom equipment per slayer monster?

10. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Ah heard well I'll certainly add her in then! Sounds like its valid for lots of account types, I wasn't sure. Thought it went relatively unused. Is the canifis slayer master used?

Good to know, will add Chaedlar for those account types! Do people use the low level canifis master?

The plan is an armor profiler where you can save armour types (a mage defense, prayer, melee, range and custom types). There will be a list of tasks where you can override the default selected armor type for your custom one saved.

Required items will override other things (like anti-fire shield, spiny helm etc)

11. Zyzz

Not that I know of.. It's super inconvenient for lower levels to get there, so it really makes no sense for it to exist. :p

RyanTest likes this.
  12. S Cript

S Cript Discord: https://discord.gg/VPzHwCm

Have a bunch of lower level accounts w/ some combat can provide a couple for testing as needed.

13. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Cave bugs added
    Icefiends added

#53 RyanTest, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Zyzz likes this.
  14. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Just a friendly heads up since I like what you're doing and don't want to see you frustrated when you try to do an initial release. Bots that are submitted and determined to use swing are automatically rejected by the botstore watchdog before they ever reach the manual review stage.

15. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Preciate it, a few people like Snufulufagus and Party informed me of this, I've got the embedded UI implemented. No swing.

All assignments for Turael have been added except Banshess and crawling hands, need to do those couple of quests on my test account to access.
    Will get the turael version up asap because I want people to use it, and will be releasing another (little more one off money making) bot as well this week.

Zyzz likes this.
  16. EvilCabbage

Very excited to test this!

Questions/suggestions:
    Will certain teleportation means be optionial? For Ironmen, it would be quite disappointing if they couldn't use the bot because the account won't have a glory for example. Or a pure that cannot use fairy rings. Also, for teleportation with games necklaces and such, please make the bot use up one piece of jewellery before grabbing the next rather than the "use all 8 charge jewellery in the bank > use all 7 charge > 6 charge" and so on method that developers often use.

17. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

If webwalking is used, it will used the best possible way for any given account to traverse. That means it accounts for quests not being done and having certain items in your inventory, like amulet of glories or teleport tablets for example.

If none are available, that means it can fall back on walking.

18. archnemesis

This looks promising, cannot wait to use it!

Geashaw likes this.
  19. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

You'll be able to select in the GUI some travel options. It currently withdraws and uses teles to completion like you've suggested! I just think it's more human like. But it detects what teles you have, what you have selected, calculates distances and costs and then either teles-banks to get teles- or walks.
    this guy gets it :D

aw yea

So school and being broke have forced me to pick up lots of shifts. I need to do priest in peril and shit to access canifis on my tester, so I can add the last few tasks. Sorry bout the hold up.

20. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

What data do you need, I'm assuming a varp/varpbit and/or a series of areas/coordinates?