1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Slayer [Dev Thread]

Discussion in 'Projects' started by RyanTest, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Geashaw

Oh shit, here come the big guns

2. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

For my web traversal? Well I made my own nodes that connect areas, the areas have a boolean operator to return true when we're there, cycles through the areas until it hits. Some of these are just areas/coordinates and some require more thought (but not much). Then calculate path between nodes for shortest distance based on available items (and if user has no items, but the user set to use certain items, will check distance to closest bank and calculate that way as well). The nodes are either "usable" or "unusable". Right now that just returns the user setting to use or not use that type of travel.

If I were to expand this, I'd want to use varps/varpbits to remove the user having to set anything. Simply detect everything the player is capable of, and use the best method. World.traverse(new Coordinate(1000,1000,0), WorldTravelOptions.USEALL); But getting those would be pretty time consuming. Considering how many different quest locked transportation things there are.

I haven't done that and don't currently plan on making this a fully functional web like that. Too much work. It will only support slayer areas and obstacles between those areas. And it will probably just keep using teleports and quests related teleports (fairy rings etc - while typing this i realized I should indeed add these) only if set to do so. Like gnome gliders. Ideally, the bot would just know if it had the ability to use them. But as of right now that isn't what I've done.

Could this potentially cause problems with the bot traversal? Yes. But it would be because the user set it up incorrectly, annnnnnd there are failsafes in the web so it won't like constantly spam a quest related shortcut you can't get through or anything.

It isn't super complex. If I had more spare time I think making a fully functional web would be really fun. Especially one that other people could add connections/areas too (qualified people lol).

Zyzz likes this.
  3. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I assumed you just needed information on the area the monsters were at, the way to detect them as the task, and perhaps some other information about the targets. I didn't realize you were building a navigation graph from scratch... you didn't even use the framework we provide? Our built in web is pretty damn comprehensive and although it lacks the entrances to some dungeons and some teleports, we're quick to accept contributions...

Geashaw likes this.
  4. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

After searching the forums a bit, I thought I found a post that prohibited people from adding to the web. That it used to be a thing, but not anymore? That's why I went this route.

I use the built in web for walking the paths between my nodes, but nah I pretty much don't use any of it's traversal options or obstacles.

It was such a thing back at nexus. The biggest part of the slayer bot was adding all the locations to the web, and it would be easier to just add in the ones I need than hardcode it myself. However, being honest, adding it to the main web does devalue the slayer bot a little bit. It happened with rodney/perf in like 2011. Rodney technically added most of the web connections to nexus (for slayer) before Perf made his slayer bot. Rodney was always butthurt that Perf saw so many sales off what he considered his work.

This just seemed like the quickest way for me to get it done, I didn't imagine the staff being so friendly here! Community dope as fuck, I'd probably be happy to add entrances to the public api.

Love the client by the way. Official old fag, and I think it's the best I've seen. Better than nexus.

Negrita likes this.
  5. Alen

Alen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading your comments makes me miss nexus. Nostalgia. :')

OT: Looks pretty promising, I really am hyped about it, also because its being made by the slayer bot author back from nexus days.
    I hope you'll stay here at RM and develop some more bots in the future. :)

6. Party

Party Client Developer

The post from a while back was largely aimed at author-made webs so they could hook up their vertices/obstacles/entrances etc. Because the default web and path-builder are hosted server-side we can only add that data in manually to the web generator. It's pretty good at the moment but still loads of work do be done on it!

I get where you're coming from though, it's a lot of effort to hook up the web to various locations.

7. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

I am king of nostalgia, BUT LEMME BE CLEAR. Im not Perfecticus, and I never said I was. I was an impsoft developer, I was chill with Perf and all the guys. But I didn't make the slayer bot at nexus, Rodney[ak47 wtv the fuck] and Lars[Perfecticus] made them. Perf made the one you remember being made that was amazing.

I was a different developer lol. I just saw an opening for a slayer bot, and have gone to college since impsoft. So I figure it'd be more of a fun project now.

Interesting, I'm gunna have to join the developer discord or something soon and ask a few questions. The web at impsoft was confusing to get started working with, but once you added a few of each thing it gets really easy to plug&chug through them all.

If I switched to this I'd scrap my current web stuff because I'm sure the built-in one is structured better than mine. If I can add verts/obstacles/entrances to it, it's definitely the better way.

8. Party

Party Client Developer

Join the Slack, most of the developers are active on there. Had some feedback on your bot in queue anyway so it'd be good to do it there.

9. RyanTest

RyanTest Official Oldfag

Heard, I'll talk to yal on there.

10. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I need to talk to you too, so contact me there when you're around.

11. meulsie

Any progress on this? :D

EvilCabbage and Zyzz like this.
  12. EvilCabbage

This. I cannot wait to use a finished work, and to help find bugs and stuff.

sickness0666 likes this.
  13. Arlic

This is on oldschool, correct? Or will this be functional across both versions of Runescape?

14. Zyzz

OSRS. And project is abbandoned it seems like.

sickness0666 likes this.
  15. Arlic

That's a shame.... This project looked very promising.

sickness0666 likes this.
  16. Cradled

Would be too bad. I was a huge fan of impsoft / rsbots.net .
    I came back to runescape because this site/client reminded me of the good old days.

Hope to see your slayer bot soon!

sickness0666 likes this.
  17. dtky

From the amount of work put in so far, I doubt he would abandon it. He has joined the dev chat by the looks of things, just keep an eye out for a release.

On that note, it looks incredibly comprehensive and can't wait to see it in action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

i got yall covered.

19. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

I'm also making great way into making one! Stay posted

20. Zyzz

Why not join forces with @Qosmiof2 or something clever? :oops: