1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hardware service

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by YubiBotter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Botterking

Botterking I BOT WOODCUTTING? What do you bot?

I want a thermaltake lvl 10 snow case.

2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

You have a great but very generic taste. xD

You can edit the list yourself to fit the case. ;)

3. Botterking

I am thinking a bad ass MSI extreme series Mobo 2. I am willing to go as high as 2500.

4. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

I'll post a picture soon lol

5. Botterking

6. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

7. Botterking

Tell me The best board out for my money, I don't want no damn 160 board, I want at least a 300 dollar board.

8. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Why would you do that though? Buy it for the options it gives, not the price ;-;

9. Botterking

I want a board that supports 64GB Ram, I am going hard, I am going to load windows, and have a linux stand along partition on the SSD.

10. Dylan Turner

Can you arragange Shipping to New Zealand?

11. YubiBotter

Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0, Define S ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker
    Tbh I see no reason for you to change RAM or your storage solution (unless you're running out of storage).
    That case is also a personal recommendation as you can go with any case you like, however the Fractal Design S is a ridiculously nice case for the price, not only that but the Fractal Design S has built-in sound dampening if you care about noise levels.

It won't look weird or fuzzy, 1080p is exactly 1/4 of 4K, so when upscaling 1080p to 4K it's literally just each pixel is quadrupled and will remain crisp. Naturally 4K content will look best on a 4K panel but due to the aforementioned scaling, 1080p content will not be sabotaged.

That just sounds like you didn't have adequate cooling for an SLI configuration, by no means should the cards fry regardless of the resolution.

I have to ask, what reason would you have for 64GB of memory? And an expensive board doesn't mean anything for your system, even sub $100 boards can support 64GB of memory.
    I can only think of two logical reasons as to why one would want that much memory, the first is for content production and the other is for a RAMDisk (if you can call that logical).

That shouldn't be a problem, if necessary you can provide a trusted retailer that you would normally purchase from in New Zealand, then I will list components from that website.

12. Xanduney

@YubiBotter I doubt that's the case. Sorry for the dust but i'm pretty sure cooling is NOT the issue :) [​IMG]

13. YubiBotter

I'm going to assume that's not a photo of your old 780 Ti's because I see neither a second card nor an SLI bridge, so that photo doesn't mean anything, that's just an external 480 rad and reservoir with what I believe to be NB E-Loops?
    Two high end GPU's will get hot and I can almost guarantee that was the cause of death, especially with smaller coolers like the Twin Frozrs.

14. Xanduney

Nope like i said i run a single r9 290x lightning now. single cards perform much better than SLI (or crossfire) when using high resolution.

That is the same cooling system i was running before i just changed my waterblock for the r9 290x

15. YubiBotter

Then I can only assume you installed your waterblocks incorrectly, for both cards to fry and that not be the cause, you'd have to be the unluckiest person I've met.
    And I'm failing to see the relevance of "a single card is better than two for high resolutions", the load on two cards is less than it would be on one as both cards aren't necessarily utilized to their full potential, so that's not a logical excuse either.

proxi likes this.
  16. Xanduney

Sorry I'm not here to argue. I was just providing feedback based on my years of experience of using extreme resolutions. He can take my advice or leave it :)

17. YubiBotter

By all means I'm not trying to argue.

18. moneyblades

Budget:$2500
    Intended use:Gaming
    Currency:usd

19. YubiBotter

20. Fake7

Budget:$1000, up to $1500
    Intended use:Botting (around 4 bots, running smooth
    Currency: USD