1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hardware service

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by YubiBotter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Yuuki Asuna

2. YubiBotter

By mentioning a GPU I assume this is for RS3?
    If this is for OSRS you can use the onboard video from the motherboard and you won't need to buy a GPU.
    Honestly I would probably prefer 1 build with a new Ryzen CPU, less power consumption and noise compared to 2 older chips.

I would list a build but I have to go very soon, I will pick some parts a little later today.

3. Yuuki Asuna

Ye rs3 and thanks!

4. YubiBotter

5. Yuuki Asuna

6. djbox

Budget: ~1000$ Equals around 8.5k nok. Willing to go to around 10k nok or 1200$ but prefer to keep it under.
    Intended use: Gaming computer able to run newer games at high-ish quality. Especially ARK; even tho its poorly optimized.
    Currency: Nok

As for site to use my preferred site would be.
    Komplett.no
    However its in norwegian so pcpartspicker is fine, I'll just find the same parts on the site afterwards.
    Also was wondering how good these packs komplett put together are money-wise.
    Søk: pc i deler

7. YubiBotter

If you can get a used 750 Ti that's definitely a good option.
    I picked AMD because their new processors (Ryzen) are really fucking good for the price, I cannot recommend their new processors enough.
    Just to clarify, that processor is an 8 core but it has 16 threads (effectively 16 cores as far as Windows is concerned).
    RS3 uses more than one core, but even if it were single threaded it wouldn't matter. When you're running multiple instances the workload will be distributed somewhat evenly across every core.

I'm doing a terrible job explaining this but rest assured more cores is perfectly fine if not beneficial to this workload.

Unfortunately I have gotten round to this thread quite late so I can't pick your components tonight, however if for whatever reason I don't reply for an inordinate amount of time, either inbox me or quote me again and I'll be sure to help you out.

8. Yuuki Asuna

Thx, how many bots do you estimate I can run? (RuneMate+RS3 obv)

9. YubiBotter

Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Prosessor - Prosessorer
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Kjøler - CPU – Luftkjøling
    MSI Z170A PC MATE, Socket-1151 - Intel Socket
    HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 8GB - Minnebrikker
    Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ - PCI Express
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD - SSD 2.5
    Corsair CX600, 600W PSU - Enheter
    Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition - Midi tower

The total comes to 9,285 NOK, if you would rather lower it then I can look into a slightly lower end CPU to make ends meet.
    Also I only picked 8GB of RAM because I've never played Ark so I can't say how much RAM you'd need for it, you can however purchase that RAM twice for 16GB if necessary.
    As for storage I haven't picked a hard drive as I don't know how much storage you need or if you want to re-use some drives from your current system.

Just as a blind recommendation if you do want a HDD:
    WD Desktop Blue 1TB 3.5" - Harddisk 3,5

Honestly I can't give you an estimate, the way I would usually estimate that is by cross referencing the performance with the number of bots they can run, but no-one here (afaik) has a Ryzen chip.

10. djbox

I will most likely be needing 16gb of ram atleast to be on the sure side. Ark is shitty optimized and uses ram like a bitch.
    I'm assuming you meant to put in DDR4 ram instead of DDR3 tho?

11. YubiBotter

Nah, there's really no benefit of having DDR4 for most situations, DDR3 was already plenty fast enough.
    There are edge-cases that require more memory bandwidth like video editing and ridiculously high end processors.

Of course you can use DDR4 if you want it;
    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB - Minnebrikker
    That would be my recommendation, it's actually cheaper to buy ^ instead of the aforementioned kits, so I would just get this kit.

12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Looking for a 1TB SSD to store games on, as well as some programs that i dont use frequently and shouldnt be on my M.2 950 Pro.
    I'm thinking of an 850 EVO since it's about the speed that SATA III allows, and the 1tb version having a good lifetime warranty.
    What do you think?

13. Yuuki Asuna

Go with the 850evo, I have the 1tb version and its great.

14. YubiBotter

Pretty sure the 850 Evo is a good bet, generally speaking Samsung is a pretty solid pick for anything SSD related.
    I would however recommend that you update the firmware on it using Samsung's software, the 840/850 series have been known to have performance degradation for data that hasn't been accessed in a while, the firmware updates should fix that.

15. Yuuki Asuna

16. YubiBotter

17. Yuuki Asuna

Alright thanks. Do you also know any good servers? Physical ones I can buy. I heard dell r710 was good but im not sure.

18. YubiBotter

What would you want this server for? Just so I know what area to look in.

19. Yuuki Asuna

This one is for RuneScape Botting w/ RuneMate. Not sure if its gonna be OSRS/RS3. Maybe a mix of both. Im already ordering an r710 for League of Legends botting tho. Now I'm looking for one for RuneScape botting.

20. YubiBotter

I would consider trying the R710 you've ordered for RS Bots just to see what the figures are like, if it's any good then I would just suggest that.
    In my infinite wisdom I forgot to ask your budget, lacking sleep lately.