1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hardware service

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by YubiBotter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. YubiBotter

For future reference I wouldn't have paid that much for a motherboard if you don't intend to overclock, the primary benefits you'll gain from a high end motherboard is overclocking stability and functionality.

I would say 2 to 3 seems rather low for an i7-6700k, unfortunately I can't really give you an approximation that's worth anything. Generally when I do that I'll make projections based on benchmarks and translate to points per bot, but without a baseline I'd be walking in the dark.
    Question - How to run a LOT of bots
    Savior appears to be able to run 6 bots on his 6700k, so that does seem strange.

2. meulsie

Budget: $400 - $800 (not including monitors)

Intended use: Botting around 4 bots at a time. Also some light gaming, think running games like RS3, Rocket League, Overwatch on High at 60+ FPS. I also want to keep this running nearly 24/7 therefore Highest priorities: quiet even under stress, I currently have a gaming laptop and I can hear it going off outside my room as soon as I open anything other than a web browser.
    Must be safe for me to keep running all the time even when I'm not home. i.e. stay cool
    Bonus: small form factor, to give you an idea I was looking at NUCS but they look too underpowered. Would also love it to be pre-built as I've never assembled a computer in my life and not sure I know how, but judging from your previous posts this isn't an area you know as much about which is fair enough.

It doesn't need to be really beefed out in terms of GPU as it's more for botting and the games I listed above are not all too demanding. Having said that I would like it to be upgradeable for future.

Currency: Australian $$
    Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker Australia

3. YubiBotter

Unfortunately PCPartPicker won't be of any use when picking prebuilt systems as it's intended for individual components.
    Could you list a website you're able to purchase from? Also you should consider building it or having a friend build it if you want to make sure temperatures and noise levels are low.

4. meulsie

I only meant that it would be ideal if it was pre-built but I have not been able to find anything pre-built that seems reasonable priced and am expecting I'll have to buy all the parts. I can always find someone to build it for me I think.

5. YubiBotter

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core, Radeon RX 460 2GB WINDFORCE OC, Silencio 352 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia
    I tried to get it as low as possible but any further skimping will result in some pretty undesirable losses in relation to performance.
    There's definitely room for upgrades in the future with AMD's Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, or something like an RX 480 GPU.
    I would've liked to have picked an RM550 PSU for the sake of silence but as you can tell, it simply wouldn't fit in the budget.

Odd question I know, are the prices usually that high? Cases and power supplies in particular seem to be quite expensive.

meulsie likes this.
  6. meulsie

Yeah a lot of things in Australia are a lot more expensive than other places. This place:
    MSY-The name you can trust-More than 20 yrs In IT industry-Nationalwide branches serve you & offer the best IT price everyday
    Is right near me and had a reputation for being one of the cheapest places I just didn't supply it to you because their website/parts list is horrible to navigate but i'll have a look there myself and see if anything is cheaper.

I also already have a 3.5" hdd and Samsung Evo SSD which I can use, do you think the PSU will make a big difference with noise?
    You'd be confident that this setup you provided me with would stay quite cool and safe to leave running a lot of the time?

Thanks a lot for spending the time on making this up for me :)

7. YubiBotter

The PSU would make a significant decrease in noise because most power supplies have a fan that runs at a constant RPM.
    Whereas the RM550 or RM550X has a pwm fan which will turn off and adjust itself as necessary to reduce noise output, because the system should pull ~250w at full load which is well within the efficiency range of a 550w PSU, the fan will nearly always be turned off.
    I am very confident that it will be safe and cool while left running.

8. meulsie

Ah excellent, in that case I will definitely look at pushing my budget a bit further for that. I've had a few people suggest I need liquid cooling (or something?) to do what I want without noise, you don't think this is necessary?

9. YubiBotter

Liquid cooling can be quieter, but in an AIO loop there's literally no reason to risk it imo.
    As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't consider an AIO to be particularly reliable, they're adding another moving part to a cooler (the pump) which gives you an additional point of failure, and god forbid it leaks while you're not around.

meulsie likes this.
  10. Infinite Inferno

Infinite Inferno The Pip Collector

11. YubiBotter

I suspect it would be cutting it way too close, not only that but typically I try to overbuy on a PSU for several reasons, namely noise + efficiency and lifespan of the PSU.
    I would say 1200w is your best for all of the above.

12. Infinite Inferno

Sounds good. Thanks!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2017, Original Post Date: May 28, 2017 ---
    Hey Yubi, another quick question.

I'm a bit confused about the Rampage V Edition 10 Motherboard. I saw a video which says it needs a 4 pin and an 8 pin power connector cable. I am ordering this cable kit: CableMod B-Series SP ModFlex™ Cable Kit | CableMod Global Store . Do i need to add another power cable or will the 4 + 4 pin EPS cable suffice alongside the 24 pin eatx power connector?

13. YubiBotter

The 4+4 pin will be enough just plug them into the 8 pin EPS and it will be fine, the additional 4 pin connector simply for ridiculous overclocking with liquid nitrogen.

14. Infinite Inferno

Ok cool. Another question, which 360mm radiator would you recommend? I was thinking of purchasing the Fractal Design Celcius S36 but there are also other options like the thermaltake one. I'm sad that NZXT doesn't make a 360mm rad cuz i love the rgb pump color it has.

15. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

I'm not so sure if Fractal Design radiators have a high quality

16. Infinite Inferno

It got pretty decent reviews online.

17. whatyousaying

Pm'd you yubi!

18. YubiBotter

The Fractal Design Celcius S36 certainly seems like a good choice to me, my only qualm would be the fans but I assume you're replacing those with the Corsair ML fans.
    My only other recommendation would be a EKWB Predator 360 but I assume those are no longer available due to an o-ring problem.

Yeah apologies for the late response, have been a bit busy as of late.

19. Patriq

Budget: 1000 euros
    Intended use: Gaming, gaming, gaming...
    Currency: Euros

I am not sure if PCPartPicker supports euros and I also don't feel very comfortable buying from any online retailer since I will probably get ripped off in transporting fees, so can you please look up for most of the parts in here. If you can't is fine, I would do the search myself :) I just really need the best build for that amount of money :D

Thanks for providing this amazing service :)

20. Infinite Inferno

@YubiBotter Just another quick question. As you probably saw, the next i9 processors were showcased recently. What does it mean when the processor specs say it supports up to 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM but the mobo says that it supports upto 4400MHZ DDR4 RAM. If say i got 128gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHZ DDR4, would it not work with the new CPU's?