1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MaxiWoodcutter 2.23.36

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

1. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

2. Aidden

3. Aidden

4. Aidden

Aidden updated MaxiWoodcutter with a new update entry:

MaxiWoodcutter v2.16.0 Released!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 1, 2020, Original Post Date: May 1, 2020 ---
    @cdavies The latest version is just for you. Enjoy ;) Let me know if there are any issues, i wasn't actually able to test it as i don't have a members account, but the fletching is the same code from MaxiFletcher so it should work. I just had to add in a check for the knife and to stop if we don't have one.
    Did you find the option for it? It's called 'Pickup nests'. See the screenshot below
    upload_2020-5-1_16-43-45.png
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2020 ---
    @Banggo So it has recently come to my attention that if you start the bot and it already has an activity in the list from when you've used it previously if you just hit start it will walk to some random location. But if you open the activity and hit okay before you press start, it works fine. Try that and let me know if it solves your problem. I'll be looking into why that's happening soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2020 ---
    @nathantkd Mind trying again? It might have been a client issue due to the rs update 2 days before. I tested it today and it's dropping the logs fine for me.

5. Aidden

6. Aidden

7. Aidden

8. Aidden

9. rulaya1

is it possible to have mahogany trees added? like on fossil island with banking

10. Aidden

Sure is. If you can lend me your account that has access i can add it tomorrow.

11. zamboli

I keep receiving a null pointer exception after starting the bot at Prif Teaks. Been happening consistently (100% of the time) for the last week or so.

Mind updating when you can? Thanks! Been charged like 10 times for the failure over the week when trying (not requesting a refund), but just FYI.

12. Aidden

Thanks for the heads up, mind sending me the logs? It's likely an incompatibility with your saved settings.

13. zamboli

thanks - sent via DM

14. PikaSir

I ran into a bit of a problem yesterday. I had set two tasks on the bot, first was oak to level 40 then willow to 60. I had ticked in "use best axe" and "equip best axe". And the problem arose when I got to the level to use rune axe, it stood in the bank for I don't know how long trying to equip said axe without success.

See attached image.

Other than that, it has worked great. And I do believe this issue is for all types of axes when it is trying to equip them.

Attached Files:

15. Aidden

Could have been due to the rs update yesterday. l will take a look after work. Thanks for letting me know
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2020, Original Post Date: May 28, 2020 ---
    Could you attach the log file as well please?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2020 ---
    Yeah, so i just tested it and it's working fine for me. Try restarting runemate and try again. Feel free to test using the trial version so that you don't waste credits if it doesn't work.

16. PikaSir

Here's the log file. I will try when it's time for the next axe.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

17. Stinkerised

Did this ever go anywhere? I've been looking for a wc bot that can use this location and I'm more than happy to pay for it. That being said I have reason to believe that this will be somewhat harder to implement than other locations.

In case you don't know already, the trees are unique hardwood tree farming patches that only exist in this specific location. I would assume that farming trees are a completely different entity to normal trees, even more so because these teak/mahogany patches only exist here.

The nearby bank chest is also a bit special, in that it is an "optional" bank chest built with the construction skill, but other than this I doubt it is any different to unique chests such as the lumbridge basement bank chest.

Finally there is the issue of a level 70 agility shortcut connecting the two, and not using it while having the requirements would be somewhat suspicious.

Theoretical xp and gp rates go up to ~80k/hour and ~300k/hour respectively, and I personally believe there is value in a standalone bot for these patches.

I am happy to provide my account for testing if needed.

18. Aidden

No they never got back to me. Oh i see. Definitely sounds like a bit more work than a normal area add. Do you know if this is something many people would use? So you have to plant these trees with farming? Definitely an idea to consider but might take a bit of work.

19. Stinkerised

I'm not the only person asking about it so I guess there is some interest, and cutting these teaks is the best balance of xp and gp for low intensity woodcutting.

Probably the biggest disadvantage from a userbase/usecase perspective is that access is hard gated by an intermediate level of quests, as well as 35 farming (and optionally 70 agi) so I doubt any throwaway/suicide bots will be interested.

As a bot user I would argue that this is fundamentally a very safe activity, where the only variable is the trees being cut down, which is helped by the fact that these farming trees are specific to each user's instance, so other players have no effect whatsoever.

Also uniquely found on fossil island are birdhouses, which are an intermittent hunter activity on a 50 minute cycle, with very good returns on input, limited only by a passive waiting time. The tree patches are some 20 odd tiles away from one of the birdhouses. I think a typical scenario would be completing a birdhouse run, then using the bot for 50 minutes, the doing another birdhouse run.

Again, I don't know much about bot making, but most of the challenge probably lies in getting these "weird" entities to work the first time. I don't know how one would go about gauging interest but I think there is unique marketing value in "Fossil Island Hardwood" as a standalone bot.

20. Aidden

Aidden updated MaxiWoodcutter with a new update entry:

MaxiWoodcutter v2.16.5 Released!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2020 ---
    Yeah, definitely sounds like it should be a standalone bot. I would definitely need to borrow your account if i were to write it. Any idea what the xp and gp rates would be? According to this it's not too great: Woodcutting Mahogany at Fossil Island