1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuneMate Client Temporarily Disabled

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arbiter, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hejhej

I can confirm. I sat at the computer watching the bot gets logged out & tries to log back in.

2. vipertrek79

Sameeee

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

U serious about this one? Its happening everywhere

Aidden likes this.
  4. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Ignore him. Hes probably just taking advantage of a bad situation nd trying to make us look bad so our users go to the client he uses.

Savior likes this.
  5. vipertrek79

Not really a point in babysitting your bot, you may as well just play the game tbh. Bot hard or go home.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 16, 2015 ---
    This very well could be possible. I've seen this happen before with a different game (WoW) and a bot company that was very small at the start like RM. We got up to about 1k users and the bans started rolling in, slowly, 1-3 every week or so. Then BAM over half the forum was hit with perma bans, myself included. As for our situation here, I've lost hundreds of accounts ( I'm a big bot stress testing kind of guy, lots of suiciding etc ) and I'd gladly lose hundreds more for RM. This has seriously been the best client I've every used, and I've used all the big name clients, and some smaller named ones that re no longer around. RM will easily get through this, and things will be peaceful again, I can sense it :D <3

6. Fontkodo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This confirms they are detecting botting clients specifically and did not just the catch them the normal way

This was posted 26 days ago, perhaps it could be a lead as to how bots are being detected? He said that they are confident that the use of this controller would not warrant a ban, which would mean the type of input could possibly be related?
    [​IMG]

A botwatch heuristic I found[​IMG]

Possible result of new developers? He also said they worked well in a small team but it's possible that's just for Deadman or OSRS.
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking this plan he is referring to is the leaked document that Arbiter posted on the forum about how they plan to handle bots.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    "Other information at our disposal that we can use to verify who has been accessing what"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unless he's talking about mouse movements I think they are detecting something to do with hardware, if viable.

#87 Fontkodo, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    terrorbyte and dontbeafraid like this.
  7. ozdev

1) Operating System: os x & windows 7
    2) 64bit or 32bit: 64
    3) Installer or Standalone: installer for osx, standalone for windows 7
    4) OSRS, RS3, or DarkScape: rs3
    5) How many bans? (Please specify number of accounts banned and total number of accounts): 3
    5) Were you banned on a different account in the past few weeks?: month or so ago?
    6) Additional notes: I appreciate you investing time into this

8. sabbath

any feedback on the investigation?

9. Insomniac

Powerbot and tribot will always be silent. Not because of clients being unaffected, but because for them cash>users

Tribot is ofc better than powershitbot.

10. kristiaan

And even then it does not work anymore ;p
    Jagex ignores it, if botted on the account its banned, if even you did not do it yourself
    We are Runemate,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget
    Jagex, you should have expect us.
    (Atm they prob. did)

dontbeafraid likes this.
  11. Aria

/cringe

12. Trenbolone

1) Operating System: Windows 8.1
    2) 64bit or 32bit: 64 bit
    3) Installer or Standalone: installer
    4) OSRS, RS3, or DarkScape: RS3
    5) How many bans? (Please specify number of accounts banned and total number of accounts): TODAY: botted till client went down, only 1 ban out of 6 today, private network, no VPN use. Pretty lucky this time.
    5) Were you banned on a different account in the past few weeks?: LAST WEEK: 6 member accounts chain-banned last week, VPN used, all accounts on different worlds doing different activities, all got busted together 48hr ban, leading me to believe they somehow found out computer's HWID and chain banned, since VPN was used so no static IP address.
    6) Additional notes: keep up the great work Runemate developers, looking forward to seeing the bot back up again :)

13. WYD

WYD

atm i'm using a color bot :)

14. terrorbyte

Those who say only RM is affected are delusional. The only reason other bots aren't making this a big deal is because their bots get banned on a daily basis, in hundreds if not thousands because of them being heavily detectable plus their userbase is quite large.

Their bot sucks and if something caused large amount of bans, it'll be just like any other day. They wouldn't know for shit if its client detection or a shitty bot. RM is still the most powerful undetected bot and hopefully the client detection will be mitigated soon as well.

WYD likes this.
  15. Insomniac

simba?

16. Harrier

That doesn't matter, you're still using SMART which is easily detectable. You're most likely worse off since SMART hasn't been actively developed in nearly 4 years and benland doesn't care about it, if it does get detected no one will fix it.

17. WYD

WYD

1-96 Mining on 4 acc no ban botting 24/7, And for your info it have be getting update's .
    RM is the best Java bot.

18. Harrier

The last major commit to SMART was on 22 august 2013... Since then there have been a few misc fixes and additions from tls which hardly do anything (Allowing it to work on OSX and getHash). Benland has said he doesn't care about SMART at all and he'll do nothing to it.

19. Eurgh

I turned off my bot before going to bed, I was power levelling, so it was harder for them to detect me since the actions were's entirely bot like.

But i'm safe and sound while waiting for this to blow over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.