1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bot idea

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by sorien, Jan 24, 2016.

?

should runemate do what osbuddy did. Everything free

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

As mentioned before, it's cheap as hell to run the premium bots. If people aren't willing to pay a couple cents as opposed to whipping out a full month subscription like on other sites, only to find out the bot doesn't work or doesn't do what they wanted, then they can honestly just go elsewhere. And it's not like there aren't enough free bots. There are only 7 premium bots and 4 supporter bots. The other 208 bots(Yes, i just counted them lol) are all free. I do see what you're getting at, but it's completely irrelevant. 95% of the bots on here are free. And those few that aren't free are worthy of being paid. I really don't think making those 11 bots free would make any significant difference whatsoever.

Derk likes this.
  2. SlashnHax

top kek

3. moneyblades

that is the leechiest thing I've read on here lol

Savior likes this.
  4. SlashnHax

95% of bots are free. Making the last 5% free would have barely any impact, if anything.
    Now this is obvious leeching.

5. Aidden

Stop stealing my numbers m9

6. SlashnHax

M8 I don't even read your posts because I like to keep my brain cells.

EvilCabbage likes this.
  7. sorien

call me a leech all you want. clearly you dont know nothing about me..... and all im thinking about how to give good idea to make this community grow bigger and more rapidly....all about buisness....
    and its for sure you guys gunna post dumb as shit thinking you know me or assume what im trying to get at but your wrong clearly

8. SlashnHax

Nobody on this thread has assumed anything about you. They just called you out for being a leech based on the leech-like posts you made. The post you made comes off as a thinly veiled attempt at someone trying to get everything for free, definitely not "all about buisness" lmao. You say that making everything free for a few months will increase donations? That doesn't even make sense, these people aren't gonna put away all the money they saved and then donate it once it becomes paid again. The few premium bots mostly have trial/lite versions, or free alternatives.

9. Aidden

Calm down. I'm sure you can see why they're calling you a leech if you reread your posts and try to think of it from our perspective. I see your intentions are good, but it doesn't make a difference. Making 11 bots free when there are already 208 free bots won't make any significant difference.

10. Aria

RuneScape has been dying for years and a large portion of the active population has maxed mains, so they don't need to bot. What playerbase?

You make a lot of assumptions about how much bot writers make (hint: very little, most of us do it for fun), how many people bot, and how much the site makes.
    Most people, with the exception of goldfarmers, don't run bots 24/7, since it's a guaranteed ban for doing so.

End users with little to no programming experience and no experience with running a business shouldn't be making such statements. Let the admins of the site, who actually have extensive programming and business knowledge, do what they are good at.

11. ryan7185

Well said!

12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Good post. I always think about whether it's even worth putting such effort in a scene which is slowly but sure dying. Since the release of EOC the playerbase is becoming smaller and smaller, why the fuck would jagex still say that it was a good decision? Completely dumb

13. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

RuneMate was entirely free for it's first year of release (give or take a lot).

14. sorien

i dont think you really quite understand what i was tyring to say...

15. Dan

Dan

And I think the opposite, people understand where your coming from but its just not a viable option for them as a business to give stuff away at this point. Your a bit late to get the whole experience free; A year or two late.