1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Restrict SDK Runtime for End Users

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Arbiter, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinki

I was going to do the same thing, just make an easy script bot, something you wouldn't mind releasing as Open-Source so others can learn off of. Like a Fletcher, Vial Filler, or Tanner. My soft clay script bot literally only took me 5 hours to make at most, and I haven't received any notifications about issues with it.

You should only have a 2 client-limit by default, for each dollar donated your client limit goes up by one. So if you donate 1$, your instance limit should be at 3.

2. torque0

Hmm i think maybe I had a "phantom" client running in the background then if the limit is supposed to be two. Thanks for replying, I feel a little calmer knowing I only need to release one script bot successfully to get the bot author title. I know we were warned previously about the upcoming change but i think the original post needs to be more explicit about the changes and conditions.

3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Not sure what requires further clarification. Would be happy to elaborate when pointed out.

4. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Uh, it's not 3 hours a day, it's 3 hours per session... Just restart the bot. This is to prevent developers from selling private bots without going through our system, basically to increase the safety for both parties. And to encourage developers to give back to the community with free bots.

5. mazi1m

I was running my private bot for 3 months because it wasn't pushed correctly or I dont know whats going on? I see the bot in my bots list but is not working. I PMed @Arbiter and he doesnt respond. The author of my private bot @Qosmiof2 doesnt respond either. Now i have to deal with the 3 hr limit. Lol. What am I paying for?

6. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

He does respond. Imagine how many messages he gets each day. If he doesn't reply try joining slack and talking to him there

7. nrkoo

What if I want to keep a script bot private to me and my friends? I don't want to publish my scripts bots at all, since I would have to compete with people using my own scripts bots.

edit: And I do not want to charge anyone anything.

edit2: @Arbiter

#107 nrkoo, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  8. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

To rephrase your query in a pragmatic manner, you are asking how you can exploit our platform to profit privately for you and your friends without contributing anything back to the platform that does 99% of the work. The short answer is you can't (or rather we won't make it easy to do so). We offer almost all of our services for free and all we ask in return is a small amount of contribution.

In order to do what you are asking, to give X amount of people private access to a bot you made, you will need to publish X free bots, publish your private bot privately, and then grant each of the users access to the private bot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.