1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Restrict SDK Runtime for End Users

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Arbiter, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydogjax

I give people a .zip file with both a jar and the source code. Wasn't aware I HAD to use the botstore and wait ~12 hours for them to receive the product when they could just as easily compile it themselves and run it.

toxxic likes this.
  2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

The reasons why that is not a good idea are outlined in the OP and following posts.

3. Draggin

No to mention waiting half a day is better than waking up and realizing your entire bot farm plus all your passwords to your email, paypal, etc are jacked because some kid put a generic rat in there and paid a kid a couple bucks to make it undetectable.

4. worrorfight

By putting a private bot on SDN.. does that mean the staff here review them before actual use of each update or does a system automatically check for viruses, rats, etc?

5. Infinite Inferno

Infinite Inferno The Pip Collector

Yes.

6. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

Both.

7. DarkenedSoul

Will scripts bots uploaded as private undergo the same quality checks or just safety checks.

8. WYD

WYD

RuneMate is not like pb We care about safety :)

#WYDFORMOD

9. SlashnHax

Well this thread was entertaining. To be honest, I'm all for this change, safety is something that shouldn't be neglected xD

10. Twinki

Took nearly 4 hours after I submitted my script bot to SVN to only receive a notification that the manifest tag is wrong. Guess it's time to wait another 5 hours just to allow a friend to use the script bot.

This is a pretty disheartening change, add a warning or something they have to agree to. If they end up being hacked, then you have no responsibility for it, they took the risk.

I hate how these Bot Client Platforms force you to do it their way, at this point i'm only using this client because I have no other choice. It's either EpicBot, TriBot which forces you to pay 5$ to simply load local scripts bots, or RuneMate. I wanted to eventually attempt a database setup with the scripts bots I create, like getting account info from a MySQL database and logging into the game using my own Login Handler and then sending info to the database as well, but I highly doubt that's going to be allowed on SVN, not to mention they're going to see my db logins, etc..

This is a stupid change IMHO, I get you want to protect your users, but some users don't want to be protected. Tired of being called this "anarchist" for saying so, create a warning, shit I don't care if you have a popup or some form you have to agree to, you shouldn't be held responsible if someone ignores the guideline or warning.

Revert this change, and find another way, please.

11. DarkenedSoul

Congrats, you addressed 0% of my question.

12. WYD

WYD

But tbh here i have be doing the mod's job's helping

13. SlashnHax

iirc, it's the same quality and safety checks as a public, free bot

14. VAG

VAG

Uhh, Did I get this right? You want to save RuneScape account names in your own database? That's just insecure, stupid and fishy. First off all, the client saves login details locally, because the simple fact is that the passwords need to be saved in plain textformat, because the JVM Keyboard can not handle encrypting and decrypting passwords without being unsecure (yes, you can write a keyboard that uses your custom encrypting, but if you do so, once again you are easily able to decrypt, because your script bot has to know the pattern.)

0/10 Hope you get banned for saying shit like this.

15. Twinki

What an amazingly friendly community.

16. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

The client doesn't store the login details locally, what are you even talking about.

17. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

I think you can do this, as long as this system is for your own, private use, and not for any customer.

18. VAG

VAG

Atleast this is what @Arbiter told me on Skype a few days ago, when we were talking about the security checks performed to scripts bots. Arbiter can feel free to correct me?

19. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Free and private bots are mostly checked for safety. While we may provide pointers to improve, we won't reject for quality unless there's something really wrong with it.

You can still do all that as a Bot Author with no time limits. Remember, this is for end users only.

WYD likes this.
  20. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Shouldn't he have received a message instantly about the incorrect manifest tag?
    And to clarify for VAG and I, are account details stored on the local pc? I was under the impression they're not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.