1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Restrict SDK Runtime for End Users

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Arbiter, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYD

WYD

So i can use my private bots without cloud saying use the bullshit inefficient?

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

They are not. Doing so would lead to a gh0st style mass hack where he drops a file that uploads the accounts file to a hacker's server.

3. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

As i thought. @VAG :) I hate your name btw. Everytime i read it i hear it in my head as the way people say it meaning vagina. lolol

4. VAG

VAG

Okay, so We are going a bit off-topic here, but does this mean the account data is saved in plain text format in your server? uh.

5. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

You don't have to share your db details at all, you can do all this through some simple php.

mydogjax likes this.
  6. mydogjax

Pretty sure he's saying that the data isn't on the server at all. I could be misreading it.

7. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

It is on the server afaik.

8. mydogjax

Yep, I misread it. Just read it again. :p

9. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

It's encrypted to hell and back using data that is unique to each user. So no not clear text lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Aidden

It's encrypted, i'm not sure how you got the impression that it's in plain text lol.

11. VAG

VAG

I was just wondering. AES?

12. Twinki

So, after I decided to give the SVN a try since this is becoming a thing, I received a notification 4 hours later about a simple tag issue, that will not serve any purpose since well my script bot is going to be private.

After resubmitting it yet again after I changed the tag, hoping I got it right, it's now been 30 hours since my second submit. I just received another notification that my script bot couldn't be pushed to the distribution server.

I have now once again resubmitted it, and it's been nearly 40 hours since my first submit request, and this is all to simply let one friend use my script bot.

This is ridiculous, again I plead that you don't straight up deny helping out people spending time to create scripts bots if they don't use SVN, and find another way to take care of people selling scripts bots via SDK mode.

13. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

The tag check, like many of our checks, is fully automated. You received notification immediately of the issue as you can verify by checking the timestamp on the private message. Looks like you got reviewed twice within 30 hours. That's far within our goal turnaround period. What is 30 hours compared to the hundreds/thousands of hours of botting you'll likely do with that bot? Also, I explained my rationale for not offering support for your bug multiple times in chat, but I'll do it once more: it's a non-issue; if you follow best practices you will never encounter that bug and providing support would be a waste of valuable time and resources that are better spent supporting real issues.

14. Twinki

No, it wasn't automated. It was from Cloud himself, not his bot.

[​IMG]

This was automatically sent by his bot nearly 25-30 hours after my second re-submission:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't have such a big issue about this if it only took 24 hours max to submit an SVN update.

#94 Twinki, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  15. Aidden

Those are both automatic messages...

16. Twinki

One is from the bot pusher, the other isn't. One claims to be automatic, the other doesn't.

None the less, the first notification I didn't receive until 3-4 hours after I submitted it. It wasn't immediate. I know this because I waited 10-15 minutes after I submitted it to make sure there wasn't anything I could quickly fix before I took a nap. I submitted it around 12-1PM-ish my time, fell asleep, woke up to check it, made the changes, and submitted it again and fell back asleep.

Cloud probably has a system where he can just input a 10-word-ish reason why he declined it with all the extra text already defined.

#96 Twinki, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  17. Aidden

Actually, you're right about that first one. But the second one is pretty much instant, can take upto 5 seconds to come through sometimes, but it's definitely not any longer
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2015 ---
    And if it really did take 20+ hours to come through, it's an issue with the server, because it's never taken that long. Could be related to the extreme lag we've been experiencing lately.

18. torque0

I had no idea i'd be restricted to 3 hours per day botting on my private script bot, im somewhat disappointed. From what was explained to me elsewhere on the forums yesterday I thought that I would be able to run my bot for unlimited time on one client. Now I either have to pay $1 a month for it or release a tonne of scripts bots for author status? Can I instead just release one of my bots so that I can continue running my favourite bot for free? ... someone explained it as a kind of 1 for 1 system?

19. Twinki

I kinda expressed the same opinion. You only have to release one free script bot to get Bot Author, which grants you unlimited SDK time, so it isn't as bad as it seems. Getting supporter also (I believe) doesn't grant you unlimited SDK time, it's only Bot Authors. In fact, I don't even think the limited SDK time was pushed, I haven't heard anything about it.

Just release a free script bot, I made a very simple Soft Clay script bot at G.E and released it as Open Source, got my Bot Author rank shortly after it was pushed. It'll take awhile to be pushed, my Soft Clay script bot took nearly 3 days, but after it isn't so bad (Assuming you create a script bot that doesn't have a ton of issues)

For Private scripts bots to work, it's a 1 to 1 system. 1 Free bot = 1 Allowed Private bot, I kind of find it stupid, but all of my scripts bots are for my own use, so I use SDK mode.

I really wish these things would be explained in a "User Ranks" Thread or something like that. I raged at this, but then I was told Bot Author literally only required 1 Free script bot on the Bot Store, and was automated.

#99 Twinki, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  20. torque0

Well today I was met with the 1 client limit AND the 3 hour limit while developing so i guess im going to release a half finished piece of shit script bot , or spread out my time over the next few weeks. I feel like there's gotta be a different way about this, restricting development time seems a terrible approach.

I mean, as long as the admins don't mind that my script bot is released in a Alpha 0.1 stage so that will explain all the issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.