1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug so ive been hacked

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by kawabungadk, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kawabungadk

2x what else can it be.. also they said the same thing about powerbot in the old days still 80% of the community got hacked..

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Well, spreading such bad things on here that haven't even been investigated sure as hell won't help it.

3. Party

Party Client Developer

That was when somebody hacked the site and swapped download for the official Powerbot client with a hacked client. Trust me when I say - that isn't the case here.

4. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Do you see 80% of the community hacked?

5. Party

Party Client Developer

And as to the "what else can it be", it could be literally anything that's undetected.

inb4 your password is fucking password.

6. kawabungadk

when im a heavy user and lover of runemate do you really think thats the first thing i do?
    NO! first thing i did was check for keylogger and try to think of other ways they could have gotten my acc name (which is a impossible acc name but i got it by a mistake jagex made) and my password + my bank pin..
    the only way i can think of in the auto login in spectre..
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 27, 2016 ---
    my password was : BzR35Ehj.. and yes ofc ive changed it..
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016 ---
    can you please fuck of cause your only flaming and not trying to help at all... like bertrand and partyshanked are flaming to but they are trying to help also.. your just bieng a dick thats a waste of space.. ty

7. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Remove that password, accounts can be restored by delivering older passwords (just a reminder to prevent you getting hacked again)
    And I understand that you do not want to harm runemate, but when we say it is not possible for anyone to acquire sensitive account data with runemate's client and/or databases, we mean it.
    Also there are so many other ways to get your data than pure malware.

8. kawabungadk

ask evilcabbage if im not a nice guy.. im sure he would vouch for me.. like i would not spend alot of time helping noobs with the bot in the chat if i was just gonna flame runemate with no reason..

9. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

This is probably how you got hacked. Even with old passwords you can recover an account.

You really need to consider yourself as the factor that got you hacked.

10. kawabungadk

like i said i have a impossible login name.. its literally 3 letters.. so i dont think people will be able to recover it..

11. Party

Party Client Developer

What I'm saying is, just because it's the only thing you can think of does not make it the cause. At the moment you are flinging around allegations, and regardless of your intentions, the result is not positive nor productive.

12. kawabungadk

13. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

While his post isn't constructive, his point is valid. Now if you guys are gonna keep arguing about it i'm gonna have to lock this thread. @kawabungadk It sucks that you got hacked but i can guarantee you it wasn't runemate related. Just because you checked for a keylogger doesn't mean there wasn't one there. You could have been hacked many different ways. And to blame it on the login handler is just ridiculous. If we wanted to we wouldn't even need to do it that way, all we'd need to do is monitor the key strokes at the login screen. The same way a normal keylogger would.

And lol, 3 letter login impossible? You know how few combinations that it could be? Definitely not impossible.

14. kawabungadk

no but if you hack a random guys acc you wouldnt expect him to have a impossible login.. you would try the possible ones thats my point..

15. Party

Party Client Developer

That's not how a brute-force works.

16. kawabungadk

they knew exactly what my logins and bank pin where.. and again just wanna say my job is checking for keyloggers viruses and basicly all that jazz...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 27, 2016 ---
    then how did they get my pin?

17. Aidden

3 letter names are known about and people sell them. So yes, you would try 'impossible' usernames.

18. kawabungadk

no but its ***@dickmail.com

19. Aidden

Did it ever occur to you that it being your job doesn't mean you're perfect at it?

20. kawabungadk

thats my point.. theres no mail service with that name and its 3 letters which you cant do with gmail,hotmail or other famous mail sites..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.