1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Why are all bots so slow???

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Jesse, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Party

Party Client Developer

He's the lead developer, so yes.

2. Jesse

lol just realised it's Cloud.

3. SlashnHax

Yeah. Also, with Alpha Fighter, try turning the Reachability checks off in the Npcs and Loot tabs

4. Jesse

No worries Slash Ill try that now thanks.

@Vaped if you're active today please look at this issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2016, Original Post Date: May 13, 2016 ---
    @SlashnHax @Party @Vaped

Now paying $50 if you can fix this issue. Beyond a joke now, can't even run nay bots they just stay constantly on "loading" until I time out into lobby where the bot stops itself.

5. Party

Party Client Developer

It's been a day since you reported the issue, how quickly do you expect these things to be fixed?

Can you please check that the bot logs into your account in a timely manner. Just start a bot whilst logged out and time how long it takes you to log in.

6. Jesse

Took about 2 minutes to start up by itself, logged in fine. Overall speed was a bit better, but the first click to complete an object or task is really slow, so from getting to the fishing spot to actually fishing it takes 45+ seconds

Is that normal?

7. SlashnHax

Assuming you're using Celestial Fisher, no, that's not normal.

8. Jesse

Yes I am.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2016, Original Post Date: May 14, 2016 ---
    @bump @Vaped @Party @SlashnHax problem is still persisting. No change. Still as bad as before.

9. hegsmate

seems like an issue on your end maybe, ive hit 86 fishing with celestial fisher and multiple 24 hours.

10. Jesse

I'm happy to except that and work with that just need help. Celestial fisher is the only but that I can run long times, can actually fix itself when it takes too long to move and enters lobby

11. Swiss396

Swiss396 Metalhead

Got a question too. Tried alot of different bots, but most of them had very slow walking. Sometiemes it even took 1 min for a bot to click where to go. Though with any skilling, combat and item picking had no issues - runs smooth... So, the question is - that slow walking is because of bot or a client?

P.s. Tried on 2 pc's. Same problem...

12. Party

Party Client Developer

Could be either the bot not being optimised (though most of the frequently updated ones are okay) or the client due to the way walking is handled.

Walking using the web is pretty resource intensive, so web walk requests are sent directly to the RuneMate servers where we handled the brunt of the processing power and send the generated path back to the client. If you have his ping or a poor connection to the RM servers, this could be a reason.

13. Swiss396

Swiss396 Metalhead

ping's not that bad... min: 27, max: 255...

Attached Files:

14. Party

Party Client Developer

Pretty sure that's CloudFlare IP, not RuneMate's IP. This was discussed on another thread.

15. Jesse

Could you please elaborate, it would be greatly appreciated.

16. Party

Party Client Developer

So (AFAIK, I could be wrong) CloudFlare works as an interim between your PC and the RM server. So your traffic is sent to the CloudFlare node before it gets anywhere near RumeMate, which means when you're pinging the RuneMate IP, you're actually pinging your nearest CloudFlare node and not the RM server.

17. Jesse

so you reckon it's going to be slow forever?

18. Party

Party Client Developer

No, I reckon we need to tag in @Arbiter to see if he thinks that's a plausible explanation and if so, how to proceed.

19. AlexH666

AlexH666 Χ Ξ Σ

If that is the case, cloudflare has options to setup a bypass cname, like direct.runemate.com
    Even though I feel like spectre communication with your servers should not pass by CLOUDFLARE [EDIT] in the first place.

#59 AlexH666, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  20. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Server-side networking has nothing to do with this. It's a moot point. Anyone having this issue should attempt to isolate it through proper debugging. From a cursory look at this thread no such attempt has been made. Which bots are affected? If the answer is all of them, then which API methods are affected? It may require a small amount of programming experience to figure it out, but this is an edge case affecting very few of our users. We cannot recreate it and as such you (the collective you) must.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2016, Original Post Date: May 16, 2016 ---
    Try using a second computer in the same network. Try using a different network. There are a lot of variables that need to be isolated, and none of it has been done. So I kindly request that you stop tagging me in this thread until there is more relevant info we can work with. "Slow" is grossly insufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.