1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Why are all bots so slow???

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Jesse, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

I said on the first page I have tried all generic fixes like reinstalling, change comps, resetting internet, changing IP, cleaning comp,Setting back to an earlier day, used my portable internet (different from home pc)

The only bots I can use are Celestial fisher and Alpha fighter (which I still a little bit slow e.g get 55k exp an hour wcing instead of 70k) other bots I have tried like maxiwoodcutter, pi chopper all are unusable slow or they're timing is off, e.g it will deposit items in the bank and then something will go wrong and it will keep trying to deposit items, not in game, the status of the bot says [depositing 2] or [dropping 3]. In game it just stands there till it logs out then repeats. In reality can use but getting 8k exp an hour at willows @ 66 wc is just pointless.

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Simply stating you tried a laundry list of things does not help us identify what the potential issue is, if one exists at all. If you seek support please specify what exactly you did and what the results were.

3. Jesse

I can't elaborate more than that. Last time I use rm before Spectre everything was fine now since spectre I've received this problem.

I start an instance log in. Start an instance again and start botting. Isn't that what I'm suppose to do?

4. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Lol. Best internet in Australia? You're a joke. 1000mb/(15*60) = 1.11mb/s. The best in Australia is 12.5mb/s.

Clearly you didn't read arbiters post below. Please take a moment to actually read the parts i've highlighted in red.

Party likes this.
  5. Jesse

Just an exaggeration Aidden.

Im sorry I don't have any programming experience. Any guides on how to do it? Also dumb people talk would be nice. I'm half decent trouble shooting computer problems but nothing code/programming wise.

6. Party

Party Client Developer

Just mention specific actions that take a notable length of time (eg. banking is slow, is it taking a long time to withdraw an item, or enter the amount, or deposit, or close).

7. Jesse

everything you said and choosing monsters to attack, engaging in fishing spots. Runs to spot fine but sits there once there, the bot log says it is doing the action but takes a good 30-45 seconds before the action happens.

8. Aargorn

I tried to using MaxiHerblore, AlphaHerblore and Quality Herblore, but banking takes a good while still get about 100k exp/hr but feels very slow for Herblore. About 30secs to get 14 unfinished potions and secondary items into my inventory. I get about a constant 20ish ms ping. I use the lowest graphics and 800x600 resolution in the Old School Preset and Sllim Headers are off. I dont know what's causing the problem like ^. Since I use different scripts bots to Jesse ^, I assume it's something to do with my own pc settings. A solution would be much appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide other details. BTW this is for RS3 and I am banking at the Grand Exchange.

EDIT: Used MaxiHerblore with Banking preset 1, Getting about 150k exp/hr now at Taverley Bank. So the banking only takes about 5secs now, but when the herblore interface comes up in game, it takes about 10-15secs just to click mix. So although the preset fixed the bank problem to a degree, the slow clicking is still a problem.

#68 Aargorn, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  9. Aidden

My bots aren't optimised for spectre yet so that is likely the reason mine are slow

10. Aargorn

I suppose, but I don't know why they are like that for the scripts bots I tried so far; not just yours.

11. Jesse

I believe it's a client issue that @Cloud has to fix as you can see i have been waiting nearly a month for an answer. so just wait I guess. Nothing happens quick at runemate

12. Aidden

Fucking lol. You're a dumb ass. @Arbiter @Cloud @SlashnHax get a load of this

13. Jesse

Excuse me you're the one that told me the slow banking is a client issue. So dont start calling me names when I just repeated what you said. Check yourself Aidden thats not how staff should act. Slashnhax keeps his cool with all those stupid questions so should you.

14. Aidden

Lol. You're a dumb ass because you think nothing happens quickly around here.

15. Aargorn

I'm confused, is there a way to fix this?

16. Aidden

No. Method calls are slower than they used to be so old bots need to be rewritten to be more efficient. Cloud has been trying to make method calls faster but that will only go so far, in the end it comes down to the bots needing to be written with more thought for efficiency.

17. Jesse

Nothing major happens around here because two people are working on the client. It's a true statement and there is nothing wrong with it We waited ages for spectre but it was worth it every bit. Good things take times. There is a reason that is a saying. Grow up Aidden and don't resort to unnecessary name calling when my statement isn't against arbiter and clouds work I was merely informing him that things related to client development take a lot longer than bot updates.
    You were a cool bloke before you came staff, you just turned into a self righteous asshole now. Also if you got time to be an asshole you got time to update your bots. Enough said.
    Arbi if you're reading this keep doing you and the great work you're putting out. There will be donation coming on monday when the bank is open.

18. Aidden

Uhm lol? I've been staff for a long time, nothing changed since becoming staff. I'm just sick of people coming on here either being ignorant assholes or just plain stupid. No, the way you came across was insulting. Your lacking of understanding in development is quite clear in your statement. Having two seconds to reply to a thread does not mean i have time to update bots. Bot development takes far longer than that.

19. Jesse

No it wasn't you just perceived it that way because a lot of posts are like that which I understand and im sympathetic for that. Doesn't excuse your language and the way you acted when I explained my reasoning. Anyway you are forgiven I know how busy you are and how much you have done for the community and it is appreciated and I look forward to seeing you back at your bot making best.

20. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

Until testing resumes ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.