1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved What to do for a slow computer?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by IMB0tting, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Echolocke

it doesn't come with stock thermal paste and I included an aftermarket heatsink. If he opted not to, then he doesn't need thermal compound. & Flash drives I wasn't sure how they worked for win 10

2. vipertrek79

It certainly does. It's the exact cooler I have. Anywaysssssss, they work fine for W10, It's how I installed W10 on all 4 of my computers. Just need at least an 8GB flash drive, which I'm assuming most people have at least a few of.

3. Echolocke

My mistake I thought you were referring to him just using the stock heat sink. Good pick up on that. Then you save him about 21$ so far, and if he pirates 10 and upgrades it like a lot of people have done, because they're letting them, then he's saved a ton just on that portion.

4. vipertrek79

Mhmmm, enough to upgrade that 750ti to something a bit better :) I also assumed he would pirate his OS. Most people do, at least the people I talk to on a frequent basis.

5. Echolocke

I decided not to, even though I'd be very comfortable doing it, just because of convenience should issues arrive, & I was on Win 7 for 3 years (when I built my pc) before upgrading to Windows 10 for free, otherwise I'd just pirate now.

6. IMB0tting

Thanks for all the help guys! Going to start saving up I think! May possibly look to buy used as well, is that smart or no? Possibly buy a better laptop instead and have a monitor and keyboard to set it up at? Thoughts? Thanks again everyone!

7. YubiBotter

Buying used is hit and miss depending on the hardware you're purchasing. For example I would never recommend buying a used SSD as they have limited read and write cycles, for all you know that product could be on the verge of guaranteed death.

Personally I don't like buying second hand for a multitude of reasons, namely that you can never tell exactly what someone has done to it.

8. IMB0tting

I have for sure found buying used when it comes to electronics, can be risky... so i may avoid that.

Anyone have suggestions as far as laptops go? For botting, running multiple programs quickly, all that jazz...

9. YubiBotter

Kind-of depends on your budget and how many bots you'd like. Though be sure to remember laptops are a real bad choice for botting, especially if you want the laptop to live a decent lifespan.

10. hegsy

@YubiBotter, did quite a good job choosing my parts, I use to run a laptop 2 bots max and theyd crash within an hour.

Now i can run 7 - 10 <3

YubiBotter likes this.
  11. IMB0tting

alright cool thanks. I live in a dorm at school at this point, and dont have room for a desktop, and also need a better laptop for school :( thanks for everyones help!