1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned? Read Me First!

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by American Express, May 11, 2016.

1. HalloMoite

• What bots on Runemate have you used? Alpha Divination
    • What other botting software (Powerbot etc.) have you used previously? None
    • Have you been banned previously? No - This time I didn't use a VPN
    • Were you 'suicide' botting? No
    • Did you play legitimately in between botting? No
    Just testing to see how the anti bot in RS3 is, and so far it's seems to be really good :p But, I also have a feeling Jagex are trying to stamp out Divination bots - Hence the rise in the prices of energies.

2. auxi

Divination seems to be one of the most goldfarmed skills in RS3, so it's not surprising we see quite a few Div bans.

3. ChosenBotter

1. What bots on Runemate have you used?
      1. Alpha Divination, Celestial Divination, and SudoDivination
    2. What other botting software (Powerbot etc.) have you used previously?
      1. Nothing besides RuneMate on this account. I am using a VPN for this account, though.
    3. Have you been banned previously?
      1. Not on this account.
    4. Were you 'suicide' botting?
      1. More or less. I was botting anywhere between 4-16 hours a day, with minor breaks. When I was banned, however, I had JUST logged on after the account sitting idle for ~16 hours, and was instabanned for 2 days.
    5. Did you play legitimately in between botting?
      1. Yes. As I was botting divination, I turned in chronicles, sliskelion pieces, sold energies on the GE, did a couple quests, etc. However, I mostly botted.
    I'd like to note that this account is nearly a week old, and I've been at incandescent wisps for a while, just making money with it. Hoping the 48 hour ban doesn't remove the gold stack/div experience.

4. baraka775

you're fucked. Good luck most likely you will be rolled back and don't count on your stats to be the same, lmao. They usually lower all your stats for botting regardless if you botted them or not. After reading this (I botted last night for 6-8 hours alpha divination incadascent) I feel a bit sketchy now about botting on my 2 level 138's one is my main lol.

5. ChosenBotter

Yeah, I mean realistically I figure they'll roll me back (at leas a bit). I definitely am not risking botting on my main, at least not with the current state of things.

6. baraka775

Oh ok yea that would be a good idea. Lol I botted on my main and back up main last night 6 hours alpha divination incandascent wisps and didn't get banned...yet. But yea that was my first time. Good luck botting! What do you mean current state of things? Are they really tracking people hard on botting right now?

7. Party

Party Client Developer

Likelihood of you getting banned for botting for 6 hours on a main account is very low.

8. auxi

Wouldn't say they are tracking down people any more than they have done in the past. But maybe they have shifted focus more on Divination more than usual.

9. lnxepique

Well, botting 14 hours straight, 3 days in a row, on a 2 days old acc here.

10. baraka775

Thanks! :D for answering lol ^_^
    Yeah...he is like 2.3k+ both of them skill level. And you know how it is with runemate alpha divi it's pretty good at acting real haha. Right now I'm staking at the duel arena haha (rs3 of course) because my rule is: Never bot when you're actually online, only when I sleep lol. in 1 month I should have 900m profit if I bot how I did last night every day the whole month. Not a lot but for beginner. (6-8 hours a night). I do hate how it does caches though.

11. auxi

3 days in a row doesn't mean much. When you get 'marked' for a ban it can take up to 48 hours before you get banned, according to MMG (previous CEO of RS). The source for that statement is in an RS news post called something like 'Myths and Misconceptions'.

But, we all know delaybans exist anyway :p

#91 auxi, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. TheDude

TheDude Abides

1. What bots on Runemate have you used?
    Alpha Div, Celestial Div, MaxiWC, Alex666's Smither
    2. What other botting software (Powerbot etc.) have you used previously?
    None
    3. Have you been banned previously?
    No, not on this account, and not not on this IP
    4. Were you 'suicide' botting?
    No.
    5. Did you play legitimately in between botting?
    No, not really. I did a few quests after seeing that somone had tried to talk to me a few times during one of my Div sessions.

This was an alt account that I hadnt used in years. I logged into it like 2 weeks ago for the first time in like 250 days, started off botting WC on it with Maxi's, and then gave it a bond and botted up to 50 Div from 1, and like 60 Smith from 1, all in the course of 2 weeks. I tried to keep my sessions between 4-6 hours, and didnt ever really leave it on for any extended periods. None of my other accounts were banned, including my main(s) which I have also been botting on fairly regularly the past few weeks. This was a perm ban.

13. AlexH666

AlexH666 Χ Ξ Σ

Hi!
    Did you notice anything suspicious when using my bot? Did it ever malfunction/get stuck?
    If it did please send me the logs to see if anything is wrong.

I see you mentioned someone tried talking to you during a divination run, that could be the reason. But just to be safe :D

14. Skyscrapers

you're positive that you never botted with this account 250+ days ago? what were you using the alt account for before?

15. lnxepique

"No, not on this account, and not not on this IP"

1.) Hwid
    2.) Jagex dat files
    3.) Cookies in browser
    4.) Java cache
    5.) Temp files
    6.) Bad vpn

So many more ways Jagex *could* be tracing you. Ever since I've been careful about all of these I didn't get a single ban.

tafani likes this.
  16. chris121

@Cloud how they track you with 1 + 2 + 3 +4 + 5?

17. lnxepique

1.) Your hwid (or mac id?) is more or less unique, now add having been banned on the same hwid previously. No idea if Jagex is storing it, nor do I know if they are allowed to.
    2.) Jagex dat files, these include information, which we can't view. All I can say is that I've not been chainbanned to this day, even tho I used to bot on two accounts on one computer.
    3.) Cookies - these can also give you an unique identification "number", I am not really familiar with how they work, but you probably know that you often see ads based on your browsing history if you allow cookies. The same way Jagex could have "planted" cookies in your browser, and then later on identify you again even if you are using a vpn.
    4.) Java cache, I am not 100% sure about this one, but it's probably similar to the dat files, Jagex could be storing anything here.
    5.) Temp files, same as above.
    6.) Bad vpn, I am not expert on this aswell, but I've read about dnsleaks and I could imagine them being used to identify you in combination with the cookies in your browser. Also using a shared ip and not dedicated could be dangerous for your account, I didn't test it, but I don't want to, cuz you know, someone could be botting with the same vpn, get banned and you get chainbanned as a result.

My point is, if Jagex wants to, they can probably trace you, the question is, do they care to do so.

Edit: I am currently trying to get an account banned: Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
    Nothing major yet, but I will let it run 24/7 on my vps. It's doing f2p divination, farming energy.

#97 lnxepique, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  18. neptune123

I wonder how they knew i thought rm was undetecable

19. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

No bot is "undetectable". Every bot is a bot. Bots play differently to human, legitimate players.

How you use the bot is what changes whether you get banned or not.

20. neptune123

Well you said you played for 36 hours and got to 71 divi...i played for 2 days spread out my bot progress and im 70 divination...hes a noob acc but i havent done anything else on him yet so i need to do priest in peril to get to the 70 spot in canifis...:( i think it's undetecable, only you suicided botted therefore Jagex dramatically increased suspicion on you and looked you up..been botting the last 2 months 16 hours a day on 2 mains 1.7b a month profit